Dead to Me is an American black-comedy, tragiccomedy series created by Liz Feldman which premiered on May 3, 2019 on Netflix. In June 2019, Netflix renewed the series for a second season which was then released on May 8, 2020.
The show was created by Liz Feldman, with Christina Applegate, Jessica Elbaum, Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Christie Smith serving as executive producers.
Dead to Me is about "a powerful friendship that blossoms between Jen and Judy. Jen, a recently widowed real estate agent trying to come to terms with her loss through therapy, exercise, and other methods and uses anger and resentment as an outlet for her grief. She meets Judy, who is a part of a therapy group composed of bereft spouses. Jen is mourning her husband, who was killed by a hit-and-run driver, while Judy grieves for her fiancé, who died of a heart attack.
- Christina Applegate as Jen Harding
- Linda Cardellini as Judy Hale
- James Marsden as Steve Wood
- Max Jenkins as Christopher Doyle
- Sam McCarthy as Charlie Harding
- Luke Roessler as Henry Harding
- Suzy Nakamura as Karen, Jen's neighbor.
- Diana-Maria Riva as Ana Perez
- Edward Asner as Abe Rifkin (season 1)
- Keong Sim as Pastor Wayne
- Telma Hopkins as Yolanda
- Lily Knight as Linda
- Blair Beeken as Wendy
- Edward Fordham Jr. as Kyle
- Chelsea Spack as Heidi
- Brandon Scott as Nick Prager
- Valerie Mahaffey as Lorna Harding
- Haley Sims as Kayley
- Natalie Morales as Michelle (season 2)
On April 5, 2018, it was announced that Netflix had given the production a series order for a first season consisting of ten episodes. The series was created by Liz Feldman who was also expected to write for the series and executive produce alongside Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, and Jessica Elbaum. Production companies involved with the series were slated to consist of Gloria Sanchez Productions and CBS Television Studios.